• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland

  • Polish temporary passport is a document which entitles to cross the borders and stay abroad. It certifies Polish citizenship as well as the identity of the owner within the scope of the personal data included. The Polish temporary passport can be granted to a person who has confirmed Polish citizenship and whose identity can be proven on the basis of the documents presented. The temporary passport is valid up to 12 months and allows your child to travel abroad. However, a temporary passport may not grant you entry to some non EU countries. You may want to check the eligibility of the temporary passport with the country you wish to travel to.

    Kindly be advised that the Polish temporary passport is not recognized by all the countries in the world. Before travelling check if the country of your destination/transit recognizes the Polish temporary passports.
    Appointment bookings are made through the website:
    From the 11th of August 2012 all children under the age of 13 receives biometric passports that are valid for a maximum of five years. Polish Birth Certificate and/or PESEL number must be presented in support of your child’s passport application. Unless otherwise stated, original documents are always required and will be returned after examination. Photocopies are not accepted. If your child was born in the United Arab Emirates and you do not have a Polish birth certificate you should first register your child in the Polish Registry office to obtain Polish version of your child’s birth certificate (not a translation but transcription of the foreign document into Polish) before you attend a meeting. Your family living in Poland may register your child or you may want to book an appointment in the Legal Section in our Consulate which mediates in registration of birth certificates in Poland. To get more information of how to obtain Polish Birth Certificate please contact us by sending direct question via
    Only in special circumstances Consul may agree to issue a temporary passport for a child under the age of 12 months who was born abroad and do not have a PESEL number.


    1. Parents’ written request referred to the Consul. The request should specify the reason why parents wish to apply for a temporary passport.
    2.Passport application form - available in the Consular Section. Passport application has to be submitted by both parents (must be completed accurately in capital letters).
    3.Written consent of either parents or legal guardians - parents must give their consent by signing section 14 of passport application form during an appointment at the Consular Section. Both parents must have their valid passports.


    Parents can give their written consent only if having a valid passport. Letters from the office, visas, driving license, expired passports and/or ID cards and copies of identity documents would be rejected.
    If one parent cannot be present at the meeting
    One parent can attend a passport meeting only if has a written consent of second parent. The consent must be authorized by Notary Public or any Polish consular representation abroad. Consents signed at passport offices in Poland are also accepted. The original document must be submitted during passport appointment at the Consular Section.
    We will not accept consents which were issued more than 3 months from passport appointment date.
    If there is a court order which states that mother/father is deprived of her/his parental responsibility, the other parent is required to submit an original of the Court Order.
    When impossible to obtain consent of one of the parent, it is necessary to provide a Family Court’s decision replacing such consent. A Specific Issue Order allows mother/father to issue passport for a child without consent of other parent. In addition to Specific Issue Order, parent must provide fully completed certificate and signed by the Court.
    If one parent is deceased – mother/father must provide a death certificate of spouse/partner.
    4.Parents must provide child’s Japanese Birth Certificate (Certified Copy of en Entry).
    5. Child  under 1 year old is not required to be present in the Consular Section.
    One recent colour photograph of your child – taken in the last 6 months, full face, front view, measuring 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm on a plain white background. The photo must be clear and in focus and having a good showing of face. The photograph should show the baby or child awake, looking straight at the camera with mouth closed. No toys, blankets, chair backs or other people visible. If you have real difficulty in meeting these conditions, you should visit a photographic studio rather than a photo booth.


    For passport fee check the consular fees

    Passport processing times is approximately 1 week from the time of application or 3 days when fast track applicable.
    Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your passport appointment, please do not hesitate to send direct questions to


    Print Print Share: